Project Manager (Hawthorne CA)
DESCRIPTION: Laney LA is an emerging architecture and design studio specializing in luxury homes. Positioned for further growth, Laney LA is seeking an amazing Project Manager to join our expanding team.
The candidate’s main responsibility will be to design, manage, and oversee specific projects. This position requires a thorough understanding and appreciation for the design and life of a project, as well as an ability and inclination to engage with clients and consultants to ensure a delightful process and result.
This position is not for those interested in working in an isolated environment with a limited set of specialized skills. This position is for those who already have great talent and want to elevate their skills by collaborating with an amazing team and contributing to the growth of the office.
If you do not meet the requirements listed below, we ask that you spare us the application.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: As Project Manager, an individual shall:
- Lead the design and management of specific projects.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for specific clients.
- Oversee project schedules, budgets, and staffing.
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable supporting staff.
- Coordinate vendor and consultant relationships and deliverables.
- Ensure client delight through an efficient process and high quality deliverables.
- Report directly to the Studio Director.
- Track and manage the financial performance of projects for success (e.g. work plan, schedule, fees, change orders, billing and collections).
We believe that a cultural fit is the highest priority. Therefore, we have outlined several items that define our studio culture.
Laney LA’s core purpose is to DELIGHT THROUGH DESIGN. In all that we do, we seek to spark delight for our clients, our staff, and our collaborators, through both the process and the final result.
Laney LA shares the following five core values.
- Designer’s Passion: We care about good design.
- Servant’s Heart: We desire to serve others.
- Rookie’s Advantage: We embrace a steep learning curve.
- Detective’s Curiosity: We demonstrate active listening.
- Warrior’s Spirit: We bravely overcome obstacles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: These are the minimum qualifications for the role:
- A wide range of experience in high -end, residential architecture at all phases of design and construction.
- The ability to visually communicate design through drawings, diagrams, and details with expertise and precision.
- Deep working knowledge of ArchiCAD, or a committed interest to learn and master it.
- 3 - 7 years of professional experience.
- Licensed architect preferred
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in architecture
- Experience with the full project lifecycle, through post - occupancy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and self- motivation
- Highly skilled technically
- High level of design competence
- Experience with putting together a drawing set.
- Good awareness of design, industry trends, materials, innovations and the aptitude to translate these ideas .
- Punctual & organized
- Knowledge of California Residential Building Codes
- Competitive salary
- Health & dental benefits
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Sick leave
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.