Project Manager (Oakland, CA)
WordPress database error: [Table 'bobrow_archicaduser.wp_ppress_meta_data' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_ppress_meta_data WHERE meta_key = 'content_restrict_data'
Studio location - Oakland
Nielsen Studios is a group of innovative design thinkers and creative problem solvers; a cross-disciplinary architecture firm spanning two family generations. Using our knowledge and skills as architects and designers, we apply our problem-solving approach to the built environment to deliver unique high impact results for our clients to help them reach their goals. We are a high-touch, client-centered studio. With studios in the east bay and central coast, Nielsen Studios services the bay area and beyond with an array of project types that include professional services, retail, hospitality, residential, planning, and urban design.
We are looking for a Project Manager with the ability to handle a range of assignments in terms of scope and size and daily responsibilities that can vary greatly. Such as, keeping team efforts organized, ensuring quality in project delivery, managing budgets, schedule, and fees, employing and evolving the firm's process and procedures, mentoring staff, maintaining a positive workflow and energetic team atmosphere.
Nielsen Studios offers health benefits, 401K, paid holidays, vacation and paid time off. We also offer bonus opportunities and a 9/80 work schedule resulting in every other Friday off.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- 5+ years of related experience, managing projects and teams on projects
- Ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal form to clients and project teams
- Professional license or certification preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred
- Experience negotiating project scope, fees, managing project financial performance, and ensuring fiscal responsibility for projects
- Experience with the full project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
- Working knowledge of Archicad or Revit
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Basic technical understanding of architectural design, interior and furniture design
- Experience with project management software, such as Archioffice and Basecamp a plus
- Experience with office software, such as G Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Evernote, Sketchup a plus
Super Star Abilities
- Ownership and accountability for firm-wide success
- Excel in a team-based and fast-paced environment.
- Superior leadership, communication skills and highly organized.
- High-level of design competence and expertise in the following:
- Must understand and be able to articulate the Brand aesthetic
- Must possess an elevated design sensibility and knowledge of architectural and interior design details.
- Must have strong programming and space planning skills. * Create a sense of trust and urgency with clients
- Anticipate potential challenges or obstacles and timely identifies and implements solutions.
- Think strategically and participate in executive level planning.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess initiative!!
What You Will Do
- Implement client projects through the leadership of project teams; Provide leadership to client and team by communicating project objectives, contract scope, terms, and schedule
- Manage scheduling, budgets, staffing, and project set-up with clients, sub-contractors, vendors and contractors
- Prepare project proposals and negotiate contracts and fees; bid projects to multiple general contractors
- Track and manage financial performance of project for success (e.g., work plan, schedule, fees, change orders, billings and collections)
- Manage project lifecycle; estimating, bidding, project kick-off, weekly coordination, punch list, turnover, opening, and project close-out
- Involvement in business development and leading project proposals