Associate Architect / Studio Lead
Are you a career driven Associate level Architect looking for an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful impact on rapidly expanding Architectural & Design practice? We have a rare opportunity for an exceptional and career driven Associate level Architect to join our Thame Studio.
Please submit your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
HollandGreen is a leading multidisciplinary high-end residential architectural practice covering Architecture, Interior Design and Landscape Design. Our projects range from striking contemporary new builds to listed and heritage restoration and extension projects with budgets ranging from £500k to £5M.
We are currently looking to recruit an exceptional and ambitious Associate level Architect to take on the progressing and key role of Studio Lead / Design Lead within our Oxfordshire studio during this exciting period of growth. You will be working with the Partners to lead and develop a talented and passionate team of architects and technologists who are pushing the boundaries of design and use of new design technologies.
We have a growing team of talented architects, technicians and interiors experts, operating from three studios, based in Thame, Hampton and the Cotswolds. Our work includes projects across Oxfordshire, the Cotswolds, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Surrey and London.
Our team shares a passion for delivering inspirational, insightful architectural design services and an unrivalled client experience, covering a range of design styles, from contemporary new build design, to large-scale home renovations and extensions, as well as listed buildings, barn conversions and heritage properties.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Studio Lead's responsibilities and duties cover but are not limited to:
• Mentoring, supporting and developing the HG team in all areas
• Gaining, and retaining, the respect and support of the team to ensure a united, productive and happy work environment
• Encouraging a commercial mindset and efficiency across the studio.
• Covering all Partner responsibilities when partners are not present in office (in meetings/holidays etc)
• Covering Management meetings and team meetings when Partners are not present
• Taking ownership of individual, and team, profitability
• Ensuring the team are following the process while constantly looking for improvement and efficiencies.
• Arranging and organizing the workload of all staff (delegation of projects).
• Carrying out regular (Monthly/Quarterly) reviews of the overall project.
• Assisting with Business Development Strategies.
• Involved in recruiting and interviewing of new staff as well as their inductions.
• Being involved in Home Consultations and Feasibility meetings as required.
• Reporting monthly to Partners on team progress, profitability, areas of concern, area of development including recommendations
• Delivering an exceptional client experience.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / QUALITIES
• RIBA / ARB Registration
• Relevant design experience
• A responsible attitude
• Ability to prioritise work and plan
• Strong time management skills
• Commercial outlook with a profit-focused mindset
• A passion for people and processes
• Excellent understanding of the architectural process through all stages
• Excellent communication and project management skills
• Strong leadership and decision-making skills
• Ability to foster collaborative working
• UK Driving License
This is a highly progressive role that will offer the right candidate the chance to become a vital part of the management team within HollandGreen offering exceptional long-term career potential.