Architectural Project Manager
Di Cecco Architecture, Inc. (DAI), an established Ventura County firm has an immediate opening for an architectural project manager. We are a small architecture and planning firm located in Moorpark, California with projects throughout the western United States.
Our body of work is diverse, including urban planning, developer and non-profit housing, mixed-use, custom residential, commercial, and institutional. Our clients range from individuals to national homebuilders, corporations, and non-profits.
DAI’s open office environment allows staff to experience all facets of the design and production process from client contact through construction observation, while providing a place to learn and advance personally and professionally.
DAI values honest work, responsiveness, collaboration, and a strong sense of community. We see our work as serving both society and the environment. We also promote work/life balance and engaging with the outdoors.
We are looking for a candidate who can add their personality and talent to our team. Someone who has a passion for design, service to others, and attention to detail. You will work closely with the entire staff while balancing multiple projects in a variety of project types.
- Consult with principal on project budgets at proposal stage and during the course of the projects.
- Keep projects on budget hours and time frame.
- Coordinate workload with that of other staff as applicable.
- Collaborate on preliminary design including 3D computer modeling.
- Prepare presentation materials in support of Client approvals, entitlement applications, and other public hearings.
- Develop designs regarding coordination of codes, materials, disciplines, and details.
- Produce complete, quality construction documents with 3D models as the basis for the documents.
- Interface with consultants, agencies, contractors, and Clients as required.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required.
- 5+ years of architectural office experience required.
- Architectural licensure a plus, at minimum work toward licensure strongly desired.
- Experience with multifamily housing required.
- Experience with podium construction type strongly desired.
- Proficiency in the use of ArchiCAD (2D and 3D) required. Twinmotion rendering experience a plus. Adobe suite (Mac platform)- Photoshop and InDesign proficiency useful.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with agencies, consultants, and contractors.
- Ability to self-manage and work collaboratively on multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, and a great work ethic.
- Strong building code related capabilities. Familiarity with affordable housing funding requirements a plus.
- Strong Construction Documentation production skills required.
- Experience in all phases of Architectural services from Schematic Design through Construction Administration preferred.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits within a professional but casual small office working environment. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated with a pleasant personality. DAI works an alternative work week, a 4-10 schedule Monday through Thursday. Our office is closed on Fridays to allow everyone a 3 day weekend and reduce our environmental impact.
We enjoy what we do and we are very passionate about it. If you share the same sentiment, we welcome you to join us.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com. Digital submissions only. We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.