Architect (Dallas, TX)
We have a number of projects that we need support with in order to meet our deadlines. You will be working on: as-builds including elevations and furnishings inventory, interior architecture / interior design, landscape design, 3D model & visualization and construction documents.
The position will include the following tasks:
Field Measure Site Improvements, Create “As Built” Drawings including exterior and interior elevations, and Furnishings Inventory.
Programming – Assist w/discovering constraints of project – site, codes, resources
Assist w/ developing design program with drawings, product evaluation/specification, work with trades in Mechanical/Technology systems evaluation. Coordinate work with Structural Engineers and other design professionals and vendors as needed to execute/fulfill the design program.
Prepare Cost Estimates for the Development of Design Program – write specs, prepare supplemental drawings to provide vendors with enough information to provide accurate quotes for project, knowledge of construction methods and practices to direct trades people in the field to execute design intent
Develop Models/Renderings/Visualizations – 2D and 3D for the Presentation of Design Program to clients
Prepare Furniture Plans
Create Implementation Documentation including drawings, details, schedules, product specifications/information, cost estimate, time schedule
Ability to follow conventional construction documentation formats.
Construction Administration/Site Visits during Implementation Phase, Update Time Schedules as needed, Revise Cost Estimate if/when change orders occur
Prepare Furniture Tear Sheets
We are a Mac based company, we work with the following software/apps, a working knowledge, or familiarity with the following programs will be necessary to fulfill your duties.
- CAD Based Programs: ArchiCad, 3ds Max, V-Ray
- Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro
- Zoho Docs: (Writer, Sheet, Show, File Manager)
- Apple iCloud: (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
Personal Qualities Required
- Detail Oriented, Systematic thinker
- The ability to adapt to multiple environments, and expectations
- Ability to think literally – constructively – demonstrate the ability to draw/represent what will be built or installed, think through requirements for space to work as designed
- Good problem solving skills
- Good Time Management Skills
- Proficient with Apple based Technology
- Able to communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal form.
- The ability to work as a team member and switch tasks readily while maintaining scope and time frame of all project schedules
The ability to work onsite during office hours 9:00 – 6:00.
Education background in Architecture
2+ Years Work Experience
NDA/Work Assignment agreement
$45/hr. + completion bonus
DART pass provided
$1,000 bonus upon completion of the work
***If you've read this far you might be interested in the position. Please send your resume and portfolio to SaraJane@SaraJaneKingDesign.com